My brief review of the Golden Globes.
- Comedians are way funnier if they don’t laugh at their own jokes. It makes me hate Leno (more), and it makes me dislike Ricky Gervais.
- There are a lot of women who need to practice walking in a full-length gown without flashing their Spanx.
- Jenny Lewis and Jake Gyllenhaal – back together? Just old “friends”? Either way, I am liking him less and less with his lady choices. When it comes to Jenny Lewis, I have to split her into two entities – Jenny Lewis the singer (97.5% awesome), and Jenny Lewis the frequent hipster arm-candy (ugh). She has amassed quite a track record, which some might find impressive, however it just makes me roll my eyes.
- Johnny Depp’s head appears to be a completely different colour than the rest of him. Careful there, Johnny – you’re leaning more Oompa Loompa than Wonka. But then again, you weren’t the only one.
- The cut-aways to various celebs were really unfortunate. I don’t care to see Angelina Jolie ever, nevermind applying her lip gloss. People were making odd faces, they cut to people shuffling between seats in the overcrowded room… it made it seem very un-Hollywood, which is not what you want to see when you are watching a Hollywood awards show.
Okay, so that wasn’t so short. I wasn’t very impressed with ze Globes. It seemed kind of bush league as far as awards shows go.
Onward then. I have generally liked couple bands. Mates of State, Matt & Kim, ABBA, despite the earlier reference, the Postal Service… So here comes another – Rainbow Arabia. They hail from Los Angeles and here’s a sample from their upcoming release, “Boys and Diamonds”. Sounds quite promising!